Prestige Touch LTD is a company registered in the UK. Trading as Soul Beauty. For the rest of this document it will be referred to as Soul Beauty, we or us.
Maintaining the security of your data is very important at Soul Beauty and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Soul Beauty is also dedicated to being clear about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Soul Beauty (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods to you;
- to make a website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Soul Beauty to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing and Promotional Communications
Soul Beauty uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
Soul Beauty aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
- contacting Soul Beauty via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These might include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Soul Beauty only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Soul Beauty and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Soul Beauty will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our carefully selected partners who provide ‘Soul Beauty’ branded products
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What Personal Data do we collect?
Soul Beauty may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Soul Beauty website;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Soul Beauty; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
How we protect your data
Soul Beauty is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect the entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
What you can do to help protect your data
Soul Beauty will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Soul Beauty asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Soul Beauty and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via our contact details on the website.
Legal basis for Soul Beauty processing customer personal data
Soul Beauty collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Soul Beauty, including:
- selling and supplying goods to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant to individual customers
- understanding our customers’ preferences and needs;
- improving existing products and developing new products;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Soul Beauty, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Soul Beauty;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Soul Beauty; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders
This policy was last updated in July 2018.
If you have any questions about how Soul Beauty uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
e-mail us at: [email protected]
write to us at: Soul Beauty, Customer Services, Montgomery House, Newbury Road, Enham Alamein, Hampshire, SP11 6JS